Missing All Upper or Lower Teeth in Coon Rapids & Minneapolis, MN
If you are missing all your teeth on either your upper or lower jaw, then implant-supported denture options may be the best way to restore the beauty and function of your smile.
What Options Are Available if I Am Missing My Lower Teeth?
If you are missing all your lower teeth there are several different types of implant-supported dentures that may work well for you.
- Ball Attachment Denture – This option will place two implants in your lower jaw. A custom denture will then snap onto these implants, allowing your denture to remain more stable than regular dentures
- Bar Attachment Denture – The Bar Attachment Denture will place between four and six dental implants in your lower jaw. A custom support bar will be attached to these implants, and a lower denture will clip onto this bar. This option presents a much more stable option and can still be easily removed as needed.
- Screw-Retained Denture – The Screw Retained Denture is similar to the Bar Attachment Denture in the number of implants placed. Instead of the support bar attached to the implants, the denture will be held in place by screws to allow for a more permanent option than removable dentures.
- Individual Implants – Replacing missing teeth in the lower jaw with individual dental implants is also an option, although this will typically be more expensive due to the number of dental implants placed.
What Options Are Available if I Am Missing My Upper Teeth?
If you are missing all your upper teeth there are implant-supported denture options available for you as well.
- Implant Retained Upper Denture – An Implant Retained Upper Denture will be supported by multiple dental implants and allow the upper denture to feel more natural than a denture that covers the roof of the mouth.
- Individual Upper Implants – Individual Upper Dental Implants will give a more natural feel but can be more expensive due to the number of implants that will need to be placed.
If you are missing all the teeth on either your upper or lower jaw, contact Northside Minnesota Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons today and see if Implant-Supported Dentures are right for you.